All photography provided by Chris Harrell, unless otherwise noted.
ConnectOurCore advocates for a more connected urban core for Louisville (Kentucky), Jeffersonville, Clarksville and New Albany (Indiana). Connectivity is served by well considered investment in pedestrian, bike, and broadband internet infrastructure. We seek to build champions from a broad base of neighborhood residents, political leaders, public servants, businesses, and local business patrons. ConnectOurCore intends to link our champions in a common cause - to drive public investment in low impact design sustainable infrastructure that connects our communities.
Connect Louisville, Jeffersonville, Clarksville, and New Albany neighborhoods to the Louisville Loop, the Ohio River Greenway by & through adjacent neighborhoods to incubate greater flow of pedestrian, bicycle, and digital traffic within our shared community.
Ongoing Progress & Action
- Presented ConnectOurCore's concept of connectivity at Open Coffee Louisville on July 19, 2013: http://insiderlouisville.com/news/late-notice-chris-harrell-at-opencoffeelou-tomorrow-at-8/
- Discussed concept and economic development benefits with Senator Ron Grooms (Indiana Senate District 46)
- Presented concept with Clarksville Redevelopment Director - noting key link to Ohio River Greenway completion.
- Took Gill Holland and Theo Edmonds (I.D.E.A.S. 40203) on see it, walk it, talk it tour of Indianapolis Cultural Trail - Summer, 2013.
- Attended a bike/ped connectivity meeting and discussed concept with Shelby Park Neighborhood Association President - learned of community goals related to North-South connectivity and Shelby Street plans to link North through Smoketown, NuLu and Butchertown to the river.
- Met with Butchertown Neighborhood Association President to discuss green infrastructure, and linkages possible in conjunction with East Market Street planned $13M infrastructure redevelopment.
- Gained assurances from Louisville Metro EGI that streetscape & infrastructure improvements will include conduit for underground digital fiber optic cable transmission.